Thu, Jun 02|
Planning your LEA Education for Homeless Children and Youth Program
This webinar will support district liaisons with strategies to focus efforts to maximize the time to devote to the McKinney-Vento program.
Time & Location
Jun 02, 2022, 9:30 AM – 11:30 AM
About the Event
It’s no secret that being a local homeless liaison is a complex and multi-faceted position. Juggling the myriad of responsibilities to ensure that children and youth experiencing homelessness can enroll in and attend school without barriers requires organization and finesse. This webinar will support district liaisons with strategies to focus efforts to maximize the time to devote to the McKinney-Vento program. Topics will include conducting an informal needs assessment, making data-based decisions, planning efficient collaborations, organizing your work, developing a back-to-school checklist, and practicing self-care.
At the end of this webinar, participants will be able to
- Conduct an informal needs assessment to identify key areas to focus the McKinney-Vento program.
- Review LEA data on students experiencing homelessness for program planning.
- Plan efficient collaborations to support student experiencing temporary housing.
- Organize the work to maximize effectiveness as a liaison.
- Take care of oneself by practicing self-care